Saturday, August 22, 2009

Whitefish Montana

We left on Friday Aug 7th to drive 11 long hours. The next day David, Skylar and I headed to Ashley Lake to David's aunt and uncle's cabin to go 4-wheeling. It was a ton of fun except for the part when I was stung by a wasp, once on the upper chest and once on my throat, so it’s a good thing I'm not allergic. We ended our day with paddle boating, going for a power boat ride, and roasting hot dogs before heading back to David’s cabin. By night fall we had Richard, Ginamarie, and there 4 sons, Isaac, Merrill, Andy and Lincoln there with us. As well, my Mom, Britnie and Spencer arrived there from Utah; and of course David's parents were there to. That night, we all went to the hot tub and swimming pool to relax and play.











Sunday we went to church and afterwords my mom, Britnie, Spencer, Skylar, Dave and I went to Glacier National Park. The Logan's Pass we drove on is one of top most beautiful drives in the U.S. and there in no doubt about that. When we arrived to the top of the pass we walked along a scenic boardwalk. Spencer just loved to hang out on Dave's shoulders. On the drive down we stopped to look at the avalanche damage we noticed on the way up. As we were standing there, a deer came out and heads straight for Spencer with his face covered with cheese, so I quickly pushed him in the car. Just then Dave walks around from the other side of the car keeping his eyes on the landscape and walking right in front the deer without realizing it. I grabbed his attention and of course he was startled to find a deer a foot in front of him. Dave and I approached the deer and it started licking me. The tongue felt rough like sandpaper. As we were watching the deer, a black bear started crossing the road about a 1/4 mile ahead of us. Needless to say, the deer froze in fear but the bear moved on into the woods.
On our way back to the cabin we stopped at a little restaurant to have their famous Huckleberry shakes and ice cream. Once we arrived back at the cabin, we celebrated Blanche's birthday.














On Monday and Tuesday we headed to the lake to go boating, ride the wave runners and watch Richard and Dave have biscuit wars on tubes.





After breakfast in town, we said goodbye to my mom, Britnie, Spencer, and Skyler as they left for home. Then the women went shopping as the men hung out relaxing at the cabin. Thursday was much of the same as Wednesday since it was raining. We just hung out together indoors and at the pool. Come Friday, Dave and I were in charge of dinner so we made Steak Gorgonzola-Alfredo, a balsamic veggie dish, and a Cesar salad. For dessert we had our famous White chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake and it was a hit all around. Afterwords, Blanche, her two sisters, Donna and Nay, and Dave and I went to the movies.

Our last day there was Saturday and all of us went up the mountain to go down the Alpine slide. Unfortunately, it was sprinkling off and on and they close it down if there is any rain at all. We waited for them to dry the slide once it stopped raining, but once we were ready to go down again the rain started up so we left. Richard and Ginamarie treated Doug, Blanche, David, and me to lunch at a Mongolian grill that was very delicious, before they headed back to Canada.





Dave and I left Sunday around 11a.m. to Rigby, Idaho where we stayed with David's aunt and drove the rest of the way home Monday.

I found that Huckleberries are good in...
Cobbler
Ice Cream
Pancakes with Coconut syrup
Shakes
and on cereal.


1 comments:

Kristy said...

lol were we ever dusty by the end of quadding! glad u guys had a couple days of good weather. i love that picture of Zoe and you on the boat.