Monday, January 25, 2010

My Day


My husband started my birthday January 23rd at noon when Dave and I went to Seven Peaks Arena to go Ice Skating. It was a killer deal because it was some Olympic deal of $2.50 per person with skates included. Well, we haven't been skating for over a year, but over all we did pretty well. We were only on the Ice for about 15 minutes when the bell rang to have the ice smoothed. We waited for 15- 20 minutes to get back on the ice and skated for another 15 minutes before I gave in to Dave. He doesn't get very excited about skating circles in a crowded rink. It's a good thing it was cheap.

At 2:45pm we headed down to the Riverwoods to go eat at Tucanos with our friend Jesse Brunner and his fiancé Kayla. We had a wonderful time visiting and eating the delicious food. Especially the fried banana, grilled pineapple and mango cod. Jesse and Dave also really like the chicken hearts.


Jesse and Kayla came over to our apartment around 8pm to eat my wonderful birthday cake from Lion House (actually, it wasn't a cake but a pineapple & coconut torte. A torte is a rich cake made with little or no flour) and play games. (we played the game "What" and polish poker).

On Sunday, after church, we headed to my parent's house to have a birthday dinner with them.
It was a wonderful dinner: Sister Boyntons lasagna, salad, garlic bread and my left over torte.

Today is my actual birthday (January 25). I went to work (their was a sweet boy, Miguel, who keep coming up to me with his big brown eyes asking me "it's your birthday?"
I would then reply, "Yes, it's my Birthday"
"Happy Birthday!"
They all sung to me and I blew out my candle that was pushed into a glazed doughnut. They also gave me a gift basket with IBC root beer, candy, movie tickets, and lots of balloons. I came home to find more presents and warmed left over lasagna, salad, and garlic bread. And of course more left over torte.
After eating dinner, I dropped Dave off at school and I went to Cold Stone with Spencer and Britnie to get my free "like it" ice cream. Spencer chose cotton candy and gummy bears for his creation. Afterwords, we went over to bath & body works to look around and smell all the fragrances. After a short time, sweet Spencer said, "my nose is tired."
After, I came home to a relaxing evening of watching television.





Aren't these gorgeous flowers my hubby gave to me.

0 comments: