Sunday, February 28, 2010

Great Grandma Von



This is my sweet grandma and she is 92 today. (February 28th).
My mom and I left yesterday at 8 am to head to Soda Springs, Idaho to the Caribou Hospital where grandma is living. I had tears in my eyes when I saw her, she is very frail, as altimeters, tubes every where on her body, she is now in a wheel-chair and when she uses her walker she is bent over and moving slow.
The last time I saw her she was living at assistant living and she was walking tall and on her own. I had to keep telling her that I was married for almost 4 years she just couldn't believe it.
Grandma use to make the most amazing bean soup. Every time we were going to go visit her she would have bean soup and her famous rolls ready for us as we entered the door. She would also send us home with her beans in a jar so we could eat it on the way home.
She also made us laugh all the time. One day we were visiting her and she came in the living room with a sticky note on her forehead that said "vacuum". We asked what that was for and she said it was her reminder to get the vacuum from the repair shop.
I am so grateful to have you in my life. You have showed me how to love and to work hard. You were such a wonderful example to me and when the time comes I can be the same grandma to my grandchildren like you were to me. I love you.

0 comments: