Tuesday, November 2, 2010

{Check-up}


Monday morning we headed to the pediatricians for Ryker's check-up. Dr. Spencer was so glad that Ryker gained a 1/4lb above his birth weight reaching 5lbs 7 oz; he was so happy at how well Ryker is developing.

On Tuesday, Ryker and I went to the lactation specialist because he was still struggling with latching. It was taking over an hour to breastfeed and he would wake up every 2 hours to feed. It was causing a lot of stress on both of us.
The lactation specialist said that he is acting like a preemie and it's going to take a little time for him to fully grasp the concept. She was also very proud that he gained 3 oz over night making him now 5lbs 10 oz. She also mentioned that I was doing really well for not introducing a bottle. She helped me build up a lot of confidence so I could keep going and not give up like I almost did. She gave me some great ideas to help the feeding go faster.

I have to say, I am very proud of little Ryker also. I love him more than words can say.

4 comments:

Elaine Shandra said...

I'm glad that he's doing so well! Too bad I missed you when you came to work on Monday! Do you mind if I stop by this weekend to give you your gift? Email or send me a FB message if that works for you. :)

Karalee said...

Keep going, because it only gets better with time.

Stephanie said...

Congratulations, Stacie! He is adorable! I know it is hard to keep going when it just doesn't seem to be working. I had the same sort of problem with Noah, would end up in tears every time, and ended up going to a specialist, too. It is definitely worth it to keep going. Good luck! I'm so glad that he is doing well otherwise.

Tasha said...

Congrats on your little boy!!! =) Kad weighed 5 lbs. 3 ounces 18 inches and had the hardest time nursing!! I remember how frustrated I was with it.