Monday, April 18, 2011

Welcome Home



Elder Brian Card came home today from serving 2 years in Spokane, Washington. All of us piled into our rented RV and headed to the SLC airport to pick him up. He landed at 12:58pm and we got to the Delta Terminal with about 10 minutes to spare. It was a torturous waiting for him to arrive. I swear they have the missionaries exit the plane last.
It was so amazing to see Elder Card come down the escalator smiling from ear to ear. Once Spencer saw Brian he ran over to him. He said, "I am 5 now and Brian can come home". I was so happy to see him I couldn't hold back tears of happiness. We went out to eat at Wingers, which was Brian's choice. It was a wonderful day seeing Brian, hearing his experiences, and hearing how much he truly loves the gospel.

0 comments: