On Friday September 25th, 2015, We were in SLC for a few errands and I saw on the Humane Society billboard that all cats 1 year and older was free adoption. You have been talking about getting a cat for a couple of years now. We kept putting it off, but we finally decided that you were at a good age to take care of a cat. We stopped at the Humane Society on the way home and we told you that we were just going to look. Before we got there I told Aunt Britnie that we were going to look and she said, “You will know the right cat for your family.” I wasn’t sure what she meant about that.
We went in the Kitty City and looked at the older cats because you didn’t want a kitten you wanted a cat. We went into several rooms but no luck. A sweet girls who volunteers there helped us out by telling us which cats might work. We followed her around until we found a calico kitten. We took it into a room where it was just us and the cat to feel for the cat. The kitten was wild and we talked about how the adoption fee and it was going to be $50 dollars. We took it back into it’s room and decided to look in one last room before heading home.
You got scratched at a little to much and weren’t thrilled of going into another room. Daddy and you watched me while I went in to look. There were 5 cats all sleeping. I stood there for less then a minute and a beautiful white cat came crawling out of the hole and was rubbing against my leg.
I picked up the cat Asteroid and took him to the family room. We noticed first thing that he was super friendly and all he wanted was to held and loved. While talking about what we should do we all noticed a stench smell. Dad said, “ We aren’t going to bring a stinky cat home.” I found a worker and he said that the cat was a stray and just got there 5 days ago which at that time they nurtured him. The smell was probably from the stitches and it would eventually go away.
We decided to keep it and went to the check out and found out that it is 5 years old Siamese Flame Point which the lady said that they are super talkative. We brought the cat home and on the way home he slept and we talked about names. What about Avalanche, Salt, or Canada dad says? I chimed in what about Snowflake or Snowy?” You quickly turned all those down and said, “You know I wanted to name my cat Madcat. That is going to be his name.”
(The name comes from the show Inspector Gadget. It’s doctors Claw’s fat cat MAD CAT)
When we got the cat out. It quickly went downstairs and we didn’t see it for a couple of hours. As the days passed we saw it more often and then we noticed that his nose was black, it had slimy goop dripping from it mouth, it’s bottom was black and the stench got worse. Every time we pet Madcat we made sure to wash our hands because he left a slime behind. Then we noticed that all he did was sleep behind our couch and won’t really eat or drink.
On Monday October 5th, we took him to a veterinarian to see what was wrong. We explained everything and she said, “ I am not sure and we will need to do $600 worth of blood test to see if it is cancer or kidney failure or an auto immune.” I told her that we couldn’t afford to do those tests and we still had thirty days return. She gave us the quilt trip and told us that we should take care of this animal that we just adopted. We walked out and decided that on Friday we would drive to the Humane Society to see what the veterinarians there say and if she says the same thing we would return it.
While driving we had Madcat in his box carrier and all of sudden we heard a scratching and the box ripping. Out pops Madcat we were all panicking not knowing what to do with this cat as he roam the car. We were all glad that he found your lap and laid there for the ride.
I carried him inside and the vet came out to check him. I told her the story and she grabs Madcat from the neck and sniffs his whole body. She asks, “So this was a stray?” I told her that was what I was told. The vet says, “I think it rolled into something dead and all it needs is a bath. Take it home and bathe him.” My eyes got wide and I told her I got this cat stinky is there any way you guys could wash him? She took us and the cat to the groomers next door he got a bath. We also got a chip placed in his shoulder.
On the way home he slept. As the days went by we noticed that he smelt a thousand times better, his nose wasn’t actually black it was pick with black dots and his bottom started to turn white like rest of his fur, and his gooey slime went away.
Thank heavens that all it took because we were all falling in love him. He fits our family perfecyt and now I know that cats really do pick you.
You and Madcat are always together. When you are doing something Madcat is right next to you. You call him your little brother.
Your nicknames for him are Mad, Maddie, and Mad Kitty.
Look at him now all he needed was some love.
Monday, November 30, 2015
Meet Madcat
Posted by David and Stacie at 2:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment