Monday, November 30, 2015

Pink

Jackie
This is my dear friend Jackie Robins. We grew up around the corner from each other and we were great childhood friends from Elementary age to High School. Over the last several years we lost touch personally, but I have been following her on Instagram. 
One October morning I was  going through Instagram feed and I saw a picture of Breast Cancer pamphlet with her words, “ I feel too young to have it. Thankful for Dr.s who are taking care of me. And all of the love and prayers I’ve truly felt.” My heart sank and I knew in my heart with out hesitation that I needed to send a gift each month for an entire year.  At this time I was really struggling with my infertility and I knew that Heavenly Father wanted me to think of others instead of myself. This took a lot of thought and energy, but I knew it was exactly what I needed to do for her. I am truly grateful for the wonderful opportunity of serving my friend. This act of service is one that I will never forget.
Gifts:
October: A note explaining that I was planning on spoiling her for a year.
November: Winter gloves with a few of my favorite things in the fingers of the gloves, chap stick, and DoTerra breath mints.
December: Hand lotion and peanut M&M’s because we always ate those when we had a gathering at her house.
January: A canvas covered in muslin and I traced and colored with a green permanent marker a wreath with JOY inside.
March: My mom drew and water colored  the picture above.
April: Birds and nests embellishments turned into magnetics.
May: Jackie was in town and we meet up and chatted at Baked Café. At the end Ryker gave her a necklace/earrings that had pink in it. The color of breast cancer awareness.
June: Geranium and peppermint homemade sugar body scrub.
July: Time to Celebrate Health and life with Oreo’s and straws with mason jars  (she had supply it was just going to be way to expensive to mail)
September:  Canadian candy and Canadian mittens. 
October: I didn’t actually send anything until December. Which I sent her a packet of  DoTerra oils with deep blue rub.
She is doing well and in remission. I look at her beautiful family and I feel so much strength from it.  She is truly a warrior always have and always will.

0 comments: