Sunday, November 13, 2016

10 Years

Card-Sefcik Wedding 263
We lived in 3 apartments (Pinnacle, Ventana, condos in North Orem), and our current  town house for 6 years. We've been in Orem, Utah all of our married life. We had 1 very cute boy, Ryker and have been struggling with infertility for 5 years.
Dave graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Business Management in 2007. Went back to school and took a few more classes. Worked at 3 jobs: VMT Technologies, doTERRA, and Reliant Health. He started up running again in 2012 and has done 2 half marathons, 2 marathons and a few 5 and 10K races.
I worked at 3 jobs: Nanny for Conner Darling during the morning and Pebbles in my Pocket in the evenings and weekends, and East Bay High School in their day care.  Had Ryker in October of 2010 stayed home with him until 2013 where I worked at Mountain View Special Education for 4 months. I have picked up photography and been taking pictures of family and friends on and off .

Card-Sefcik Wedding 514
Wow, a whole decade with this man.  On our wedding day we thought we were in love, but I’ve fallen more in love with him through each passing year. Married life hasn’t been easy, but it has been well worth it.
I am grateful that our paths crossed in singles ward in 2005. He had always been the person I'd been praying for; someone to love me as I am. He has done just that and much more. He has loved me when our marriage wasn’t the strongest. He has loved me when I had Ryker.  He has loved me through my infertility and my crazy hormones. He as loved me even when my temper falls short and I take it out on him. He is always there to put a smile on my face or make me laugh. He is always there to love me when I least deserve it. I am truly grateful for Dave in my life. I can’t wait through happy or trying times to see what the next 10 years will bring.
Card-Sefcik Wedding 006
The last 10 years have been crazy. We’ve experienced many highs and many lows, but no matter what came our way, we stuck by each other. When we met I wasn’t sure about a serious relationship, but after I spent more time with him, getting to know the person he is, I knew you were the one for me. Our personalities are a great match. So much so that I decided to forgo living as a bachelor and invited you to share my life.  I’ve never regretted that decision.

2016-06-25 18.22.37
On June 24th, we dropped Ryker off at Nana and Gramps house and went to dinner at La Jolly Grove. The food was amazing but the company was even better. It was a great time to sit and not have any distractions as we thought about the last 10 years together. We talked about what we hope will happen in the next 10 years. It was such a great reminder to reflect on the good in life and accept the hard times.  It may have not been what we wanted, but it has shaped us to who we are today. I love you so much and more Dave. I wouldn’t want to do an adventure with anyone else.

0 comments: