Thursday, August 12, 2010

{24 Weeks}

I am feeling good and pretty comfortable. I mostly feel him move when I am lying down and only once in a while Dave can feel him move. Hopefully one day he will enjoy feeling him kick and move like I do.
As weeks pass by Dave is getting use to the fact that he is going to have a son.
You have to know my husband, he loves Star Trek. I love unique names so, when Dave came to me with Ryker I feel in love with it. Yes, it is after William T. Riker(Starfleet officer).
We have been thinking about middle names. I feel it should have some sentimental meaning. I really like David because it's after his dad and after my father. Dave likes William also, I told Dave if we are going to name him William, it wouldn't just be from Star Trek. It has to come from our family tree. I looked up our family tree and there is a William on my dad side. Dave is trying to convince me to name him Tiberius. Blance(Dave's mother)loves that name along with Dave. I am fighting him on this one. I am going to be the one signing the birth certificate because if he does it, his official name will be Ryker Tiberius Sefcik. I still have some time to fight him with the middle name.


How's he is growing...
Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

(Picture from babycenter.com)

0 comments: