Patiently waiting for the parade to begin.
Ryker hanging out with dad on the ground. He found a little dirt pile in between the cement crack and he had a grand time exploring the dirt.
Saturday June 11th was Britnie's birthday. Dave and I spent the majority of the day making a mint chocolate cake. At 5pm we headed over to my parents to have chicken sandwiches and cake. We got a little show from Spencer when he sang "Happy Birthday" to his mom; that was his gift to her. He even ran outside and picked a flower. The cake wasn't all that good, by the end, my 3 layer cake became a leaning tower of Pisa. We stuck a fork in it to hold it up but it fell completely over. Oh well, that's the risk when trying a new recipe.
Afterwords we (Jason, Britnie, Spencer, Mom, Brian, Dave, Ryker, and I) headed to the Orem Festival Parade. This year the weather was perfect and the parade was fun to watch. It also helped that we had our own kid with us. We had fun watching Ryker experience his first parade. He wasn't happy with the loud sirens on the fire trucks, police cars, or bands. He cried a couple of times when they were loud and coming by, but after a while he was used to it. It was difficult towards the end for him to fall asleep.
I have always looked up to you and I am so proud to call you my sister. Happy Birthday Britnie! I love you.
(Britnie's 7th Birthday)
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
A Birthday and a Parade
Posted by David and Stacie at 2:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment