Dave came up with the idea of having a 10 year wedding anniversary party. He thought that 10 years was a huge milestone and it should be celebrated.
We celebrated it with a small group of family and friends on July 17th at 6pm in my parents backyard.
I went with simple. I got the flowers from Costco and arranged them in mason jars around the yard.
On our wedding we had sparklers for our guest as we walked to the car to send us off. I wanted to have sparklers again to celebrate our love with sparklers.
For the food we ate fruit and a lemon dip, along with brie cheese topped with red pepper jelly for crackers. We drank mint and cucumber water.
At our wedding reception we had peppermint patties being passed out by our sweet flower girls. I also incorporated those in.
On our wedding day we had my friend Alayne make our amazing cake and my parent neighbor, Sister Pope, arrange our flowers.
Our dear friend Kayla made a duplicate of our wedding cake. She made a vanilla bean cake with lemon filling (the lemon was added to this cake) and vanilla bean frosting. It was heavenly.
I am truly grateful for my talented Aunt Dede who assembled the flowers for the cake. It turned out absolutely beautiful.
Afterwards Dave and I played the wedding shoe game. We were asked a question and we answered by raising Dave’s or my shoe. It was pretty entertaining. We all had a good laugh.
The kids had fun sending us off with another 10 years filled with love.
“A great marriage doesn’t happen because of the love you had in the beginning, but how well you continue building love until the end.” –Unknown
It was a very simple celebration visiting with everyone. We will be forever grateful for all of our family and friends who came to celebrate our anniversary.
Sunday, July 24, 2016
A 10 Year Celebration
Posted by David and Stacie at 2:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment