Wednesday, April 12, 2017

The Y

We chose a cool Spring afternoon to go hiked the Y. It’s only a mile long, but it has lots of switch backs and steep hills. I hadn’t hiked it since I was about 13 years old and Daddy hiked it about 12 years ago. It was time to introduce you to the famous Y mountain that you see all the time driving around town.
2017-05-19 11.49.28
We took it slow and stopped at every switch back to rest and look at the beautiful view.
2017-05-19 12.12.292017-05-19 12.19.522017-05-19 12.26.04
When we got to the top you exclaimed, “I am staying up here for a long time!”
Then the wind picked up, it got cold and that excitement went away pretty quickly.
2017-05-19 12.53.212017-05-19 12.55.21
We are both so proud of you for trying and hiking this very steep hike. Dad is super excited to take you on more hikes.
2017-05-19 12.59.352017-05-19 12.59.372017-05-19 12.59.40
Dad told us a story as we were hiking back down that he was hiking with some friends, lost his footing and rolled down a small cliff  scraping his legs and hands.

You two holding hands while practically running down the hill melted my heart and reminded me that I am a slow hiker all around.
2017-05-19 13.01.24
After hiking for 1 1/2 hours we treated ourselves to milkshakes then went home and crashed on the couch.

0 comments: