Thursday, April 6, 2017

The Arches-Day 2

Day 2: part 1- We stopped by the rock store and collected a couple of rocks for your rock collection.
IMG_20170406_092206
Then we drove into Arches National Park for our first hike to the Delicate arch.
I haven't been since I was about 14 years old when I went with my ward for youth conference. Dad went and hike it in a 100+ heat with Uncle Brian and the Norcross family.
DSC_8057
We took our time exploring the red sand and climbing on rocks with lots of breaks in between.  
DSC_8065DSC_8068DSC_8085DSC_8090
The hike wasn’t easy especially in the heat with little shade. We thought we would never see the arch, but once you turn a corner there it was absolutely breathtaking. We sat around eating our lunches while taking in the beautiful scenery.
DSC_8095
Both you and I are afraid of height so walking on a tiny ledge to get to the center of the arch was quite scary, but we made it.
DSC_8109DSC_8113
While we were getting out picture taken we heard bagpipes. This amazing man in a kilt hiked to the arch blowing his bagpipe. To listen to the calming music and looking at the Delicate Arch it was such a neat experience.
DSC_8115DSC_8117
We started down for the long hot hike to the car and you did such a great job not complaining and we had lots of stops for more exploring.
DSC_8118DSC_8123DSC_8127DSC_8130DSC_8144DSC_8145DSC_8147
It was fun to see the rock piled high from other passerby's.
DSC_8150DSC_8153
After some time you finally couldn’t walk any more. You were dragging behind and were begging daddy to give you a piggy back ride. Once you got on daddy’s should you had the biggest grin on your face.
DSC_8154DSC_8156DSC_8159DSC_8161DSC_8162DSC_8163
We were about half way down we could hear the bagpipe guy coming and we hiked behind him being serenaded all the way down. It was so nice to focus on the music instead of our aches and pains.
DSC_8166
Daddy and I are so proud of you for you and how well you did for your very first long hike. Well heck I was happy all of us for making it there especially me.
It was so worth the hot faces, sweaty bodies and lots of breaks to go hike the famous Delicate Arch that we see on the Utah license plates.

0 comments: