Sunday, May 15, 2016

Mother’s Day

It’s Mother’s Day and since I'm dealing with infertility, it is a hard day to face. It is the day that I am reminded that I can’t bring more children into this world like I wanted. It's hard because my heart aches for my son to be a big brother. My heart aches to have my love grow even more for a sweet baby to hold, to smell, to listen for it’s cries, to nurse, and to have lots of sleepless nights.
 
But at the same time Mother’s day is a day that I am reminded that I am blessed with a miracle child that I get to hold, kiss, laugh with, and take on adventures. It’s a day to remember that I was able to grow a baby for 9 months and bear a beautiful baby boy who has grown into a handsome, tender, loving, kind, funny, full of life Child of God. Motherhood is not easy, but it is well worth it.
 
My heart aches and yet it is so full of joy today.
DSC_1217 copyDSC_1224 copyDSC_1238 copyDSC_1253 copyDSC_1254 copy
Today we also reflect on all the wonderful women in our lives. Especially my mom and Dave’s mom. They are both very unique in there own way, but they have several attributes that are the same; they both are an example of serving others selflessly, they both love the gospel with all their hearts, and they both are a great support to our little family. We love you more then words can express. Happy Mother’s Day!

0 comments: