Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Canada Trip

We arrived in Canada around 11am. Amy and her Fiance Brady picked us up and we headed to Ben and Linda's house to have Easter dinner. It was a wonderful time with eating delicious food, visiting family, watching the kids find Easter eggs and playing games. By 6pm both Dave and I were exhausted. We were up before 4am to make a 6am flight with a 2 hour lay over at Denver, Co.













Tuesday morning we went to Calgary Zoo with Dave's sister Heather and her two kids Landon and Maddie. We told the kids that the Tiger was David because he was pacing like crazy and that's what Dave does when he is either thinking or talking on the phone. There are certain smells that really get me and one of them is defiantly the inside of an elephant home. It was hot, smells like bum, and everything else nasty put together. I started to gag real bad to the point that I thought I was going to loose my breakfast. I got out of their real fast for some fresh air.




Wednesday morning Blanche (my mother-in-law) took me and Dave to the Maternity store to get me some new clothes. I got to see what I would look like at 8-9 months pregnant with their strap-on belly. Dave kept telling me that I looked cute prego and he want to get the fake belly so I could wear it until I showed. Silly boy. I am so grateful for my mother-in-law for buying all the shirts, jean ca-pries, pants, and skirt. I just can't thank her enough it means so much to me.
In the afternoon we headed off to Fish Creek Park to get out of the house and take a nature walk with the kiddos and Salem.





Thursday Dave and I headed for a walk with Salem to Dave dad's work to get the keys to his vehicle so we could go to a couple of places. Afterwords we headed to Second Cup to drink some delicious white chocolate hot chocolate and eat muffins. Dave wanted a picture of me in front of the Canadian police car.
















Friday around 2pm we headed to the stake center where Amy's wedding was going to be held. All of the family was there to help set up the round tables, put up decorations, set up the sound system, and had the flower girls practice walking down the isle.
That evening Richard and GinaMarie's family came in and I watched her make Amy's wedding cake. Ben and Linda came and picked us up around 9pm to head to Cardston to stay at a Hotel so we wouldn't have to drive 1 & 1/2 hours around 7am the next morning. We arrived in Cardston around 11pm. The next morning we got up at 7am to get ready and at the Temple by 9:30. It was such a beautiful ceremony. It was also a very cold, and windy day. We were all freezing while taking pictures. After pictures we headed back to Calgary to get ready for the reception. Both Dave and I were starving, so we borrowed a car and headed to subway for me and Dairy Queen for Dave. The ring ceremony started at 5:30pm and then the reception started around 6pm. They had a wonderful ham and potato dinner and Blanche made her wonderful mustard sauce. They showed a wonderful video and had a short program where Richard, Amy's brother, was the MC, and was hilarious. We sent off Amy and Brady and then started to settle down. We helped take down the decorations, tables, cleaned up the floors, and packed the cars. Then after midnight, we finally got to Ben's house to then fall asleep around 1 am.
At 5am we got up to pack our bags and get dropped off at the airport. Our flight took off at 8am with a 3 hour layover at San Diego, CA. Afterwords landed in SLC around 3pm. Britnie picked us up and then proceeded to pick up Jason from his friends house (Jason had Guard duty) and headed home. It was an extremely long trip but it was nice to see family that we don't see that often.

0 comments: