For your First Birthday Pictures I decided that I would take your photos. I dragged you out side at 10 am on a cold morning and took pictures of you. You were a very good sport being tired, but you were not interested in wearing the party hat at all. For the cake you ate a Joe Lois cake and you liked to squish it between you hands and smear it an the tray. You only took a couple of bites and then you were done.
Sunday was your Birthday. At 5 your Nana, Gramps, Cousin Spencer, and Aunt Britnie came to celebrate your day. We had hamburgers, hotdogs, potato salad, and fruit. After we ate we watched your 12 month video that Dad and I made and then we watched you open presents Spencer was a good helper helping you open your presents. You got 3 books from the Eddins. Mom & dad gave you scenery balls, Nana and Gramps gave you a cool dump truck and from Nana B. and Papa you received a V-tech rolling ball.
We had fun watching you dig into your cake. You grabbed it with both hands and once you looked down and noticed that they were covered with icing, you wanted nothing to do with the cake and you wanted out. Mom was mean and kept you in while taking more photos of dad trying to get you to eat some cake. But you still weren't interested.
Nana putting you in your high chair for your Birthday cake eating.
Listening to us sing “Happy Birthday” to you.
Being very cautious about getting messy. For a while you would only put the tip of your fingers in the cake.
Here mom have some cake.
You sucked on your fingers and rubbed your head. This was the after math of you putting frosting in your hair.
You liked it when dad was holding you. It was then when you would play with the cake.
1. You threw a huge chunk of cake on the floor. You liked watching Salem eat your cake.
2. Your little hand prints on the floor.
Looking at some of your pictures from your birth to 12 months old.
I am sad that you are not my infant any more and now you are my toddler. I am excited to see what this stage will bring. You will always be my baby boy. I love you!
-mom
You always bring a smile to my face and I love it when I enter the home when returning from work to see you so excited to see me. I am so proud to be your dad. I can’t wait until you get older so I can teach you how to play sports and do big boy stuff. I love you son.
-Dad
0 comments:
Post a Comment