Sunday, October 2, 2016

Worth the wait…

You really wanted to get Star Wars AT-AT Walker and you couldn’t wait for your birthday or Christmas. You and dad went upstairs and created a sticker chart, so once you filled it, you would get your reward.
At first you were very unhappy that you had 143 spaces to fill and it was going to take a very long time. We told you it would be worth the wait and hard work for accomplishing something big.
We begun by having you help around the house. When you didn’t complain you got one sticker per chore unless the chore was bigger, then you would get 2. We did this for a couple weeks.
We've been having a tough time convincing you to sleep in your own bed throughout the night. Several times you were climbing into our bed at midnight or later in the the morning. The next day you were super grumpy and so were we. Sometimes you would wake up 4 times at night and each time you'd ask us if you could come in our bed. We decided to change the chore chart to a staying in your bed chart. We told you that we all would sleep better and be happier with our own space. You could still wake up but couldn't get into our bed until after 6 a.m. and each night you did this, you would earn 3 stickers. The first couple of nights worked like a charm. You told us, “I woke up in the middle of night pulled my covers up and went back to sleep.” We were so proud of you. 
It took a good month and half and finally your chart was filled. While putting on your last stickers you said, “I worked so hard to get this toy!” “I am so proud of myself!” “I can’t believe I filled all of this up!”
There was a knock on the door and you opened the door  exclaiming, “Mom! Dad! I know what this is!”
DSC_3830 copyDSC_3833 copyDSC_3837 copyDSC_3843 copyDSC_3845 copyDSC_3853 copyDSC_3854 copyDSC_3862 copyDSC_3865 copyDSC_3866 copyDSC_3876 copyDSC_3880 copy

0 comments: