Saturday, June 10, 2017

Utah Valley Marathon

20170610_093640
Dad got up at 3 am and rode with Kirk Albach from our ward {who is a bus driver for the marathon} and headed up the mountain to the beginning of the race that starts at 6 am.
We got there about 10 am and sat cheering on all the crazy runners while we waited for Daddy. I always get teary eyed with the ones who are pushing a disabled person across the finish line. It’s such a neat experience to witness.
20170610_095206_HDR
Dave crossed the finished line just under 4 hours he wasn’t thrilled with the time, but he qualified again for Boston. I was thrilled that he crossed the finish line all in one piece. He was sore, but in one piece.
20170610_095208_HDR20170610_095210_HDR20170610_104140
My cool runner boy getting ready for your 1k kids run.
20170610_110946
Daddy ran with you for the kids 1k run. You did awesome.
20170610_113649_HDR20170610_11365020170610_113652_HDR20170610_113653_HDR
Showing off your awesome medals.
20170610_11423920170610_11424220170610_11424520170610_11424620170610_114250
I am so proud of both of you for accomplishing something that brings a lot of pain and joy at the same time.
20170610_114257_HDR20170610_114302_HDR20170610_114321

0 comments: