Sunday, September 6, 2015

Father’s Day 2015

DSC_4642 copy
Saturday evening we celebrated Father’s day early with Brian, Chloe, Ashley, Gramps, and Nana by having them over for Hamburgers, homemade fries, salad, and homemade milk shakes. Afterword's Dave and Gramps played ping pong.
 
On Sunday, Dave was very spoiled. With no early morning meetings he got to sleep in 2 more hours. We have 9 am church, so all the time I had was popping bread in the toaster and made toast with jam and Crio Bru for him.  At church Ryker sang 2 father’s day songs and he also made a father’s I love you this much hands, a bag of hugs and kisses in primary and a card in CTR 4 class. 

After church one of Dave’s requests was to have a quiet nap in bed. So, we let him. When he woke up we had homemade  biscuits and gravy breakfast with potatoes {all from Pioneer women}.  His second request was to play ping pong with Gramps. While we were waiting for Nana and Gramps to get here we ate our homemade oreo ice-cream outside on a blanket. It was a perfect end to our day.  When Ryker went down we watched Courage.  An excellent movie about being a Godly father.

Dear Dave,
When we got married I couldn’t wait for you to be a father. When I saw you holding Ryker for the first time my heart just about exploded. You were a natural and you still are to this day. I absolutely love  how you will stop what ever you are doing to play and imagine with your son. I know Ryker looks up to you and you're a great example to him.
You are a wonderful husband, you are always there for me even through all my emotions. You have been my rock through thick and thin. I thank my Heavenly Father each day letting me have you in my life.
Love always,
Your love
DSC_4643 copyDSC_4645 copyDSC_4648DSC_4654 copyDSC_4658 copyDSC_4660 copyDSC_4668 copy

0 comments: