Wednesday, June 16, 2010

{19 Weeks and BIG news}

Today I got my ultra sound and we are having....a BOY!! There is no doubt about it. It was such an amazing experience to watch my little boy move around inside. I couldn't keep my eyes off the screen. It took the nurse a little while to find out the gender because his little hands and knees were squished up towards his face. Dave mentioned that our little baby was so ashamed because for 19 weeks I have been calling him girl names so he didn't want to show us his true gender.
She shook the little guy to make him move and he was so mad he kicked me. The nurse asked me if I felt that kick, and sadly I had to say no. He really likes to face down wards facing my pubic. The baby is healthy, he doesn't have any thing major like down syndrome, a cleft palate, or any disabilities for right now. Usually during ultra sounds you can't see the kidneys, but we could see both of them and they are measuring at .45 mil. However, the doctor wasn't to concerned. He said that everything was looking good like my fluids were great, the umbilical has 3 blood vessels and it looked like he was able to go to the bathroom.
The baby is measuring at 19 weeks and 3 days. The baby is officially due on November 8, 2010.
The doctor said my stomach is measuring small and my blood pressure is good. Dave is excited to have a little boy. I can already feel that he is going to spoil him and this little boy is going to be a daddy's boy.
We have two names picked out and we are going to wait and see what he looks like before we name him.


I absolutely LOVE this photo. He is yawning and his little arm is up by his head with his butt sticking out with his little knees stuck up against his body.





Baby Changes...
Your baby's sensory development is exploding! His brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. His arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. His kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on his skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

0 comments: