Wednesday, September 29, 2010

{34 Weeks}


I love rubbing my belly at night and feeling all the little hard spots. I found his little foot and his head so far. I smile each time I feel him.
On Tuesday evening Dave (I had to drag him) and I headed to a Breastfeeding class. This was such a wonderful class. It helped me to understand the importance and benefits of breastfeeding.
Things we learned...
*Physiology of the breast
*Types of breast milk
*Breastfeeding relationship
*Positions for breastfeeding
*Frequency of feedings
*Fathers have a huge roll in the success in breastfeeding
*and much more

This week I went to my doctor apt. Dave didn't come because he took Monday off and we felt he didn't need to come to this one. First off, my apt was at 9:10am but they called and said that Dr. Allen was delivering a baby. It got moved to 9:50am.
While there, Dr. Allen measured my baby's growth and was concerned with how small I was for 34 weeks. So, I had a surprise ultra sound. Dave even mentioned, "since I am not coming you will probably have an ultra sound". He was right.
During the ultra sound I confirmed he was still a boy. The kidneys were still dilated and he was breached.(His head was on the right side, his butt was down towards by pelvis, his legs and feet were up towards my ribs and his arms were up towards his head.) His head is measuring small, his abdomen and femur were about average. He was weighting about 4lbs 2oz and he was also measuring a week behind. That means he will be due on the 14th instead of the 8th. I have always felt that he would be coming late. I never knew why, but now I know. I guess whenever he is ready to come he will. (I will continue to post as if he was due on the 8th so I don't mess up my timing.)
Friday morning at 7am I woke up and had extreme pain in my hips, so I got up to stretch and use the restroom. As I was sitting there an overwhelming pain came across me. It felt like I was constipated and having a period (about 10x's worst than a normal period). My lower belly started to cramp and I began to sweat. I needed to stand, but when I did I could barely do so. Couldn't even sit or get my leg up on the bed to lay down. I was on the verge of tears. I was getting scared and wondered what to do. We decided to see if it would subside and if it didn't we would head to the hospital. We would also go if I didn't feel the baby move. Thank heavens it finally went away and I was able to fall asleep. I called the doctor in the morning and he said, "since it only happened once that he isn't too concerned. But if it happens again to call him." The baby is moving and kicking and I haven't had any problems since. I just hope I won't have any complications.

Baby's Growth...
Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. His fat layers — which will help regulate his body temperature once she's born — are filling him out, making him rounder. His skin is also smoother than ever. His central nervous system is maturing and his lungs are continuing to mature as well.

0 comments: